Hiking - Banff National Park
A common Calgary pastime, of course.
Follow the hyperlinks to hike-specific pages.
Note: I have the Topo Maps Canada app on my phone, which is helpful for route-finding.
Sulphur Mountain [August 26, 2012]
- Rather boring until the top. Do-able in flip-flops. Can also take the gondola up.
Tunnel Mountain [many times]
- Easy hike up switchbacks to nice views of the townsite, Spray and Bow rivers and surrounding mountains. About 2.3 km, with 300 metres elevation gain.
- Banff.ca trail info
Lake Louise Area
Lake Agnes/Plain of Six Glaciers [August 27, 2012]
- Beautiful scenery with the added benefit of tea houses for a break (and a snack)
Parker Ridge [June 2016]
- Short hike to fantastic views of the Saskatchewan Glacier
Bow Glacier Falls [August 11, 2013]
- One of my very favorite hikes. Fairly flat, but beautiful views. 4.6 km one-way, 155 m elevation.
- Parks Canada trail info
Panther Falls [August 7, 2013]
- Short walk to an impressive waterfall